The Game to Grow Method of Therapeutically Role-Playing Games: A level one training for community members, is a four-hour training. This training will cover the benefits of role-playing games when played with intent, as well as strategies for effectively communicating the basics of the game and benefits with others. We’ll also discuss the Core Capacities highlighted in Critical Core that can be supported through intentional play. Finally, we’ll cover important tools to keep your games safe and fun for everyone around the table. At the end of this training you will have the foundational knowledge of the Game to Grow Method to run a safe, fun, and intentional game.
Following participation in this training, attendees should be able to:
- List the basic structure and elements of a tabletop role-playing game (TTRPG).
- Describe the inherent benefits of playing collaborative games with friends, peers, and family.
- Describe the Core Capacities that can be addressed through intentional play.
- Implement “session zero” content and safety tools in a TTRPG campaign.
- Describe modifications and adaptations of participation structures and content guidelines that increase accessibility to TTRPGs.
Location: Live online via Demio
Trainers: Adam Davis, MA Ed, and Elizabeth Kilmer, PhD
Notes: To receive a certificate of attendance, you must attend the training in its entirety and successfully complete a knowledge check. There is no commercial support for this training. The trainers have no conflicts of interest to report.
Upcoming Date/Time: Check back soon!
To be notified when we offer our next community training, please input your information into the waitlist below!