The Game to Grow Method of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games: A level two training for mental health professionals, is a six-hour training that builds on the theory and strategies introduced in the level one training to improve your skills as a therapeutic game master. It will be interactive and include small group work to further practice techniques and deepen your understanding of the material. Through your participation in this training you will have a strong grounding in the The Game to Grow Method of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games (TA-RPG), and will be able to implement these groups in populations with which you have familiarity and experience.
Following participation in this training, attendees should be able to:
- Design in-game encounters consistent with treatment goals.
- Utilize the ADDRESSING framework to recognize and respond to diversity within your game and group.
- Identify the skills needed to be an effective therapeutic game master.
- Utilize collaborative story and world-building methods with players to support cohesion and engagement.
- Describe techniques for using affect to increase immersion and communicate with players.
- Identify and address common roadblocks such as disengagement, distrust, and intra-group conflict.
Prerequisites: To participate in this training, you must first complete the MH Level One training, as well as participate in at least 6 hours of a TTRPG as a player or game master.
Want to know when the next trainings are offered? Join our newsletter!