The Game to Grow Method of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games: A level one training for mental health professionals will be a six-hour training consisting of a general survey of the relevant literature and grounding theory of this intervention, an introduction into the specific foundation and theory of the The Game to Grow Method of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games (TA-RPG), as well as facilitation tips and session structure guidelines. At the end of this training you will have the foundational knowledge in the Game to Grow Method, and will be able to communicate effectively with parents, clients, and administrators about the benefits and potential risks of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games.
Following participation in this training, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the theory of the Game to Grow Method of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games.
- Describe the three dimensions of capacity building.
- List the Core Capacities addressed through the therapeutic application of role-playing games.
- Describe the structure of a Game to Grow Method therapeutic social skills group.
- Describe the structure of a Game to Grow Method counseling group
- Discuss the potential benefits and risks of engaging in TA-RPG with stakeholders such as clients, parents, and program administrators.
- Friday, March 26
- Saturday, May 15
Time: 9am – 4pm Pacific, 1 hour lunch break (six hours total)
Location: Live online via Demio
Trainers: Adam Davis, MA Ed, and Elizabeth Kilmer, PhD
Notes: To receive a certificate of attendance, you must attend the training in its entirety and successfully complete a knowledge check. There is no commercial support for this training. The trainers have no conflicts of interest to report.
Use the blue box below to schedule. Please click “Set Time Zone” to see available trainings.
If the session is full (make sure you click “Set time zone” to see available trainings), or doesn’t work for your schedule and you’d like to be notified when we offer it again, please input your information into the waitlist below.