The Game to Grow Method of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games: A level one training for mental health professionals will be a six-hour training consisting of:
- A general survey of the relevant literature and grounding theory of this intervention
- An introduction into the specific foundation and theory of the The Game to Grow Method of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games (TA-RPG)
- Session structure guidelines used by Game to Grow
- Facilitation tips developed over a decade of experience.
Following participation in this training, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the theory of the Game to Grow Method of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games.
- Describe the three dimensions of capacity building.
- List the Core Capacities addressed through the therapeutic application of role-playing games.
- Describe the structure of a Game to Grow Method therapeutic social skills group.
- Describe the structure of a Game to Grow Method counseling group
- Discuss the potential benefits and risks of engaging in TA-RPG with stakeholders such as clients, parents, and program administrators.
At the end of this training you will have the foundational knowledge in the Game to Grow Method, and will be able to communicate effectively with parents, clients, and administrators about the benefits and potential risks of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games.
- LIVE Trainings – Engage directly with developers of the Game to Grow Method, participate in Q/A, connect with fellow trainees
- Saturday, February 19, 2022
- Saturday, April 16, 2022
- Not available these dates? You can still register for On-Demand Training!
Time: 9am – 4pm Pacific – six hours of training plus a one hour lunch break
Location: Live online via Demio
Trainers Include: Adam Davis, MA Ed, Elizabeth Kilmer, PhD, Adam Johns, LMFT, and Jared Kilmer, PhD
CE Credits: 6 CE credits for APA
Notes: To receive a certificate of attendance, you must attend the training in its entirety and successfully complete a knowledge check. There is no commercial support for this training. The trainers have no conflicts of interest to report.
Click the “Register Here!” button below to schedule. Use the drop down menu to select your date.
If the session is full, or doesn’t work for your schedule and you’d like to be notified when we offer it again, please input your information into the waitlist below.