Our first training to launch is the first level of the Mental Health Tree designed for mental health professionals. The Game to Grow Method of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games: A level one training for mental health professionals, will be a six-hour training consisting of a general survey of the relevant literature and grounding theory of this intervention, an introduction into the specific foundation and theory of the The Game to Grow Method of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games, as well as facilitation tips and session structure guidelines. At the end of this training you will have the foundational knowledge in the Game to Grow Method, and will be able to communicate effectively with parents, clients, and administrators about the benefits and potential risks of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games.
Following participation in this training, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the theory of the Game to Grow Method of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games.
- Describe the three dimensions of capacity building.
- List the Core Capacities addressed through the therapeutic application of role-playing games.
- Describe the structure of a Game to Grow Method therapeutic social skills group.
- Describe the structure of a Game to Grow Method counselling group
- Discuss the potential benefits and risks of engaging in TARPG with stakeholders such as clients, parents, and program administrators.
Date: Saturday, October 3rd
Time: 9am – 4pm Pacific, 1 hour lunch break (six hours total)
Location: Live online via Demio
Trainers: Adam Davis, MA Ed, and Elizabeth Kilmer, PhD
*Game to Grow is currently under review to become an approved continuing education provider through the American Psychological Association. This price reflects the pre-CE price of this program. No CEs will be offered for the October 3rd training.