This position will remain open until the position is filled.
Game to Grow provides a therapeutic social skills enrichment program designed to help teens, adolescents, and emerging adults build confidence, creativity, and social capacity through the intentional facilitation of collaborative role-playing story games and other types of tabletop games. Many of the youth participants are adolescents with social anxiety, autism spectrum or ADHD diagnoses, and with other similar social challenges.The tabletop game group facilitator will serve as “game master,” providing direct services to participants in the Tabletop Role-playing Game Group.
This position is for a part-time group facilitator. This position will require some paid training followed by facilitating weekly groups, which will take place on Mondays in Greenwood from 4:15-5:45, though the facilitator will be responsible for setup and breakdown of group materials. The facilitator will also be compensated for planning and preparation. The facilitator will then be expected to run the groups with minimal supervision. This position will start out at less than 10 hours per week, but may have the opportunity to expand to more hours as demand increases. Applicants are invited to include specific schedule limitations with their application.
- Facilitate tabletop role-playing game groups as a “game master,” focusing in-game scenarios on participants’ real-world areas of social growth.
- Create and develop materials for future group implementation including story, plot, and narrative elements, in-game scenarios, modified game mechanics, etc.
- Maintain appropriate personal and professional boundaries with clients, families, co-workers and community resources.
- Communicate clearly, positively, and professionally with all Game to Grow employees, prospective employees, external organizations, and the community at large.
- Collaborate and consult with other personnel on best-practices for service implementation.
- Maintain confidential records of participant attendance and detailed descriptions of services rendered.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree or in-progress study in a helping field preferred.
- Two years of experience working with youth. Experience facilitating neuro-diverse groups of youth preferred.
- Ability to build strong rapport with youth and an understanding of behavioral and developmental differences required.
- Familiarity with geek and gamer culture preferred, willingness to maintain a positive, strengths-based approach to interactions relating to these issues and topics required.
- Familiarity and experience with the structure and process of tabletop role-playing games preferred.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Game to Grow.
- Ability to maintain participant confidentiality.
- Acceptance of a diversity of cultural, spiritual, and lifestyle practices.
- Ability to maintain awareness of culturally relevant issues while performing any and all job-related duties.
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional presentation when performing any and all job-related duties.
- Ability to use the senses of sight and hearing to effectively supervise participants.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Fluency in written and spoken English language.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer word processing skills.
- 21 years of age.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license.
Interested? Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include your experience with tabletop role-playing games and the specific position for which you intend to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!